Monday, April 29, 2013

We had the best time today.

It was warm and sunny today and we enjoyed every minute of it. We listened to music and danced and sang along. We had long stretches of the river to ourselves, so we took off our tops and relished in the sun on our skin. I found a spot to stretch out on the deck, while Larry drove the boat. We have had mostly cold and rainy days so today was special.

It was a little annoying the first part of the day when I was at the helm. There was mile after mile of trot lines in the channel. I was dodging them on both sides. If I'd had some way to do it, I would have snipped them all up. I'm sure they could foul up a propeller and rudder quite easily.

Larry started making the chicken sound (bok bok bok) when I insisted he take the boat back when a barge came up behind us. I am not afraid to own my cowardliness, so I hummed the tune and did the chicken dance in the cockpit. :)

Yesterday he took us into the lock with a barge. I almost had a melt down. We didn't die and nothing bad happened so I decided to let him live. Here is a picture of the barge that was in the lock with us.

Today was a really nice day and has revived our spirit after all the struggles of the two previous weeks.
Alison



5 comments:

  1. Hey when you get to the Keys let me know and I will come hang out with you and buy you a drink that is if you still drink lol if not we can have coffee together....safe travels..
    Donna R

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol. Nice barge. Sounds like a lovely day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol. Nice barge. Sounds like a lovely day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like hearing about this nice day!

    ReplyDelete

HI, I love to read comments from you if you have read my blog. Please feel free to comment even if you don't know me personally. Thanks!