Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Sailing ain't no place for sissies!

I would not live on the river for a year, unless I were doing the Great Loop and then still probably not. Once we arrive at the ocean, we will not need the engine very much. Our boat is pushing 30 years old, but she still deserves respect; as every part of her is great! Fortunately, Larry is not a sissy and neither am I. It amazes me how often people say 'be careful' or 'you're crazy', when in actuality we are safer on our boat than going down the freeway at 70 mph.

Waiting in a beautiful marina for a part is way better than going to work everyday or sitting in our house in the same spot year after year wishing for something new to do. I have been criticized for never staying in the same job or home for long at the time. When in actuality the ones criticizing me are the ones who wish they had the guts to change their lives. Plus, watching some of these same people flounder is great fun...for me.
Alison

P.S. Cruising is fixing your boat in exotic location.





3 comments:

  1. I can't blame you for not wanting to live a typical life. I couldn't do it either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't blame you for not wanting to live a typical life. I couldn't do it either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

HI, I love to read comments from you if you have read my blog. Please feel free to comment even if you don't know me personally. Thanks!