Sunday, April 21, 2013

Navigation and Anchorages

In case anyone is interested. At first I was using maps and a guide book to find marinas and anchorages, but now I have these awesome apps on my IPad . One is Garmin blue chart mobile and the other is Active Captain. They work together almost seamlessly. It makes finding what you want so much easier. And what's really cool, is that now, I don't have to ask Larry where we are or look on the map or read day beacons. I can pull up our location on Garmin blue chart mobile and tell him where he is. I still double check the apps and the maps. It helps me feel more secure having one to verify the other.

BTW, I suggested tying up to a tree much earlier in the day, because I had read in the handy dandy guide book that it was well advised to do so, with any amount of wind due to narrowness of the anchorage and downed trees under the water. Lesson learned #462.
Alison

1 comment:

  1. I meant to say this on my last comment, so thanks for reminding me. Dad, you've had a number of incidents now where you could have averted a major hassle if you had taken Alison's advice. It's good to keep in mind that women typically have stronger intuition. So as long as she isn't simply a constant worrier like some women, consider listening to her suggestions, especially during difficult times.

    ReplyDelete

HI, I love to read comments from you if you have read my blog. Please feel free to comment even if you don't know me personally. Thanks!